Toxic mold can be a serious health concern, especially if you have mold allergy. Fight back with the expertise of a certified mold removal specialist to remove mold.
Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). It is important to do mold testing and removal, if necessary, to avoid these symptoms.
Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who have mold allergy. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Mold symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing.
Mold & Mildew
Since mold and mildew can cause health problems, mold and mildew removal by a mold remediation specialist is extremely important.
Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. Mold spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive.
There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. Water damage and mold go hand in hand—when excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, water damage is not your only problem–mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture. (EPA)
The air in your home contains billions upon billions of small particles that are both visible and invisible. Microscopic pests can multiply rapidly in your home, causing destruction and threatening your health. A mold inspection and testing can help to prevent home and health damage.
U.S. asthma cases that may be caused by exposure to mold
Chronic sinusitis cases that may be caused by sensitivity to mold
BILLION in annual U.S. mold-related healthcare costs
BILLION in annual repair costs for moisture and mold damage
Why do I have mold growing in my home?
Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye. Since they float through outdoor and indoor air, home mold may begin growing indoors when the spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.
Molds can gradually destroy the things they grow on. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid potential health problems by house mold removal—controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth.
How do I get rid of mold from my home or business?
If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold from water damage and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
We are “Certified Mold Remediators” and offer professional mold removal services. We are a mold removal company with extensive experience repairing mold contamination. For more information on NORMI (NATIONAL ORGANIZATION of REMEDIATORS and MOLD INSPECTORS) please visit NORMI’s website.