- Know the places that are most likely to flood and keep an eye on them. Some of the most common leaks come from leaky pipes, appliance failure, natural disaster and ice dams. By checking your pipes and appliances, a flood will be less likely to take place.
- Once you find out where the water is coming from, the first thing to do is to shut off the main water supply. If you are unsure how to do that, make sure to call your usual plumber. They will be able to shut off the water supply and stop more water from getting in.
- Next, you will need to remove the standing water. The best way to get this done, would be to call in the professionals. Aspen Environmental will use a HEPA vacuum to clear all the water out of the flooded area.
- Drying is the key to a good water cleanup. You want to dry the space between 24-48 hours, after that the possibility of mold settling in is very high. Drying is something that the professionals you call can help with.
- If mold develops, do not use bleach to get rid of it. While bleach my get rid of the visual mold, it does not kill it at the root. The only way to get rid of mold completely is to hire a professional. Luckily, when you use Aspen to get rid of the water, we will also help get rid of any mold.
These tips can be helpful for the next time you are up against water damage in your residential or commercial property. Aspen Environmental should be your first call when you spot water damage. Not only will we clean up the water quickly, but we will take care of any mold that may develop.
Source: Aspen Environmental Services
We are licensed and insured and members of the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI), the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), and the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
For anything related to water damage cleanup, mold testing, mold removal, or air ducts, call Aspen at 978.328.0882. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.