• Assess the seriousness of the problem (eyes, ears, nose).
• Screen seriousness of problem (do-it-yourself kits or NORMI™ Certified Mold Inspector third party consultation).
• Remediate those specific areas where serious health effects might result.
• Protect yourself with N-95 mask and gloves.
• Remove all damaged construction materials that appear unsalvageable (drywall should be removed half again as high as visible mold).
• Spray affected structural members with a anti- microbial, NOT bleach. Become a label-reader or use a NORMI™ approved mold cleaner.
• Dehumidify and Oxidize at “drywall stage” for 3-5 days to destroy remaining contaminants.
• Protect construction structure surfaces with NORMI™ approved protectant for long-lasting results.
• Rebuild using the “Mold-Free Construction” process to rebuild the structure the right way (controlling all aspects of potential moisture intrusion).
• Clearance screening and NORMI™ Sanitization Protocol” to follow renovation will give proven results.
Source: National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI)
Aspen Environmental professionals are licensed and insured and members of the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI), the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), and the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
Contact Aspen for anything related to water damage cleanup, mold testing, mold removal, or air ducts: Call 978.328.0882 or email email@example.com.